"Soon the Black Cauldron will be mine." - The Horned King
The Horned King (Voiced by the late John Hurt) is one of Disney's most terrifying villains ever created, and the main antagonist of Aaron and The Black Cauldron. He is the ruler of Prydain in The dark land Annuvin, taking in place of the first dark emperor, Arawn Death-Lord. But in the book, he is a commander of an undead army called The Cauldron Born. In the original book series "The Chronicles of Prydain", The Horned King is The General of Arawn, Lord of Annuvin, where in the movie, his king was sealed in The Black Cauldron, and he took over as its ruler. He met his end when he was sucked into the cauldron, and his body exploded into bone dust.
Hewy Toonmore stated that The Horned King is pretty much a mixture between Mumm-Ra from Thundercats (the pale skin covered body), Skeletor from He-Man (the skull like face), and Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars (his dark magical powers), with a red robe, deer antlers sticking out, wears a black fur coat as a cape, and though it may not look like it, he still has some skin on him. Whenever he becomes enraged, he shows it by revealing that he has red, demonic eyes.
- The Horned King is one of Aaron The Wise '91's Personal Favorite Disney Villains
- Aaron will become The Horned King's enemy at the end of Aaron and The Black Cauldron
- The Horned King will become Arik's enemy in Arik, & The Black Cauldron
- The Horned King is also one the most faithful of members to Lucifer, and The Kingdom of Darkness
- The Horned King is the original version of The Skeleton King.
- The Horned King will become Ed, Double D, Eddy and Darkblade's enemy in The Eds' Adventures of The Black Cauldron. He is revealed to be a member of the Scourge.