"Remember, Concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Use your instincts." - Qui Gon helping Anakin
Qui-Gon Jinn (performed by Liam Neeson) is Obi-Wan's master and a Jedi Master. He is a wise warrior and once was Count Dooku's apprentice before teaching Obi-Wan. He eventually met Anakin Skywalker on Tatooine, and freed him from slavery to train in the ways of the Jedi on Coruscant, and eventually faced Darth Maul with Obi-Wan. He sadly met his end by Darth Maul in the duel, and asked Obi Wan to promise him he will train Anakin, and learned while on Tatooine, Anakin is the one who bring balance to the force, and eventually passed away.
In Revenge of the Sith, Yoda reveals to Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon had returned from the netherworld of the Force and had learned how to gain consciousness even after death. He passed on these teachings to Yoda and Obi-Wan.
Force Powers and Abilities
Qui-Gon was very powerful and had a very strong connection to the Force. Although he was not quite as powerful as Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon was still one of the most powerful Force users of his time.
- Telekinesis: Qui-Gon utilized Telekinesis either as offensive or defense.
- Serenity: Qui-Gon utilized Serenity to regain focus, strength and power.
- Mind control: Qui-Gon utilized Mind control, to control the minds of other sentient beings, however, it did not work on individuals who have very strong wills.
- Force vision: Qui-Gon utilized Force vision, to have visions of the past, the present and the future; however, like all force users, his visions were not always clear or sometimes had visions even when he was not utilizing this power at will.
- Force healing: Qui-Gon utilized Force healing, to heal himself or other sentient beings.
- Beast Control: Qui-Gon utilized Beast Control, to control the minds of other animals.
- Force sense: Qui-Gon utilized Force sense, to sense another sentient being's emotions, the future, ripples in the Force caused by momentous or traumatic events, or impending danger and the presence of the dark side.
- Force stealth: Qui-Gon utilized Force stealth, to mask his Force alignment or presence from other force users or mask his life signature from Probe droid.
- Force speed: Qui-Gon utilized Force speed, to move at amazing speed.
- Jaden will meet Qui-Gon in Jaden's Adventures of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.